Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Big news in Christian Fiction: The Christy Awards Announced


The 2011 Christy Awards presentation was held last night in Atlanta, honoring the best in Christian fiction in nine categories.

In the years that I worked for a Christian radio station and regularly interviewed Christian authors, I would have read several of the winners. This year I've only read two of the finalists (they didn't win in their categories): Susan Meissner's Lady in Waiting, and Ted Dekker's The Bride Collector.

However, I see some of my favorite authors among the finalists and winners. I've been wanted to read Julie Klassen's The Girl in the Gatehouse for a long time--I never seem to catch it on the shelf at my local library, and haven't taken the time to reserve it. I'm finally going to be getting my own copy shortly, though! I've loved the other books I've read by Julie Klassen.


If you head over to the list and see ones that you've enjoyed,reviewed, or can recommend, will you let me know? Thanks!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...