Saturday, February 26, 2011

What are the book blogs blogging about???

In an effort to spread some link love and, frankly, introduce some people to my book blog, I decided to zoom around the blogosphere and check out what the book blogs are blogging about!

(How many times did I say book and/or blog in that sentence?) :)

So here we go:

--The Bronte Blog (which, by the way, is a wonderful one-stop shop for all things Bronte) lets us know that Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre have been featured recently in a comic strip!

--Fleur Fisher is reviewing Lettice Delmer, by Susan Miles--which is, interestingly enough, an entire novel written in blank verse.

--Books and Movies completely intrigues me with the news that an unknown Enid Blyton manuscript has been unearthed! I was a huge Enid Blyton fan as a child.

--Besides hosting the Saturday Review of Books (which, unfortunately, I didn't make it into this week), Semicolon is reviewing Madeleine L'Engle's Certain Women. Which reminds me that I've never yet read anything by Madeleine L'Engle. I know, I know!

--Carpe Libris is reviewing Angel Sister, by Ann H. Gabhart. And this sentence really makes me want to read the book: "I read Angel Sister in a short amount of time because I didn't want to leave the story for even a few minutes."

-- Reading to Know is reviewing James Scott Bell's No Legal Grounds--another review that makes me want to read the book! She calls it a "good, fun legal thriller." Bell is another author who I've heard great things about, but never yet read.

--Kristen Billerbeck's A Billion Reasons Why is the focus at WordVessel. I've read several novels by Billerbeck, and loved them all.

--By the Book is participating in the Friday Book Blogger Hop, which I really should start taking part in! My poor little book blog just doesn't have very many readers! The blog hop is asking the question: "Do you ever wish you'd named your blog something different?"

--The Ink Slinger--one of my favorite reviewers--is doing something similar to what I'm doing right now. He's posting links to some interesting stuff around the blogosphere. Check it out!

Hope you'll head over to these excellent blogs, and tell them I sent you! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to me, Cindy!

Beckie B. said...

thanks for featuring my blog. my traffic has really picked up since participating in the Book Blogger Hop meme on Fridays. I also love Semicolon's Saturday Review of Books -- great recommendations.

the Ink Slinger said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out, Cindy! :) I appreciate it!

I've enjoyed reading your book blog quite a bit ever since I found it! I hope you'll keep it up and going!

And that's pretty neat that you're linked to on the Pyromaniacs blog. Sweet! :)

~ the Ink Slinger

Gigi Ann said...

I need to start making more visits to your blog. I use to post each Monday Bookish Images, I need to start doing that again. I usually just use my own pictures, which are never as interesting as yours are. This week they are especially lovely.

Unknown said...

HI. I found a quote pix originally pinned from your blog and I am was going to use it so I wanted to let you know that I am linking the pix back to your blog. I became a new follower. Happy Reading!

Kathy said...

Hi - Just came across your blog and love it. I'll check out the other blogs you mention. Your graphics are great and I love the book stack and bird picture. Where did you find this pic?

Swedish said...

So glad someone still reads the printed word!!! By the way, Cindy, I also am a Swanson...Emily Swanson here. Thank you for this Blog
Emily Swanson
Port Allen, Louisiana

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...