Friday, November 19, 2010

Rediscovering Beloved Books



I've blogged before about rediscovering two of my favorite childhood books--Red Knights from Hy Brasil (read about that here)and Auntie Robbo (read about that here).

Both were bought while my parents were missionaries in Beirut, Lebanon, in the mid-60s.

Red Knights from Hy Brasil, by Christine Savery, was the book that began my lifelong obsession with Ireland. It was somehow lost, and I found it again in 2003 through abebooks.com

The copy I found of Red Knights from Hy Brasil is exactly the same as my original one--but I find it fascinating that it was a Sunday School prize for a little boy in England

I still had my old copie of Auntie Robbo, but it was missing several pages, and I was able to find a copy of that online as well.

I thought I'd share some pictures of my beloved books, which I still re-read occasionally.








How about you? Have you been able to get copies of beloved books that had been lost to you? Tell me about it!
UPDATE: Read here about how my curiosity about the original owner of my copy of Red Knights from Hy Brasil turned up a true tale of murder in an English village)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...