Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Revisiting my reviews of some Christy Award nominees!



I'm delighted to see that some of the books I've reviewed on this blog, as well as a couple of others but I read but didn't review, have been nominated for Christy Awards.

What are Christy Awards, you might ask? Named for Catherine Marshall's classic, "Christy," the awards are given each year to honor and promote excellence in Christian fiction.

The awards will be presented July 16th in Orlando.

Check out my reviews of four of the nominees (click on the title to go to my review):

Nominated in the category CONTEMPORARY SERIES, SEQUELS, AND NOVELLAS:

Dancing on Glass, by Pamela Binning Ewen



Nominated in the categories CONTEMPORARY STANDALONE and FIRST NOVEL:

Words, by Ginny Yttrup




Nominated in the category HISTORICAL ROMANCE:

The Maid of Fairbourne Hall, by Julie Klassen



To Die For, by Sandra Byrd



Nominated in the category YOUNG ADULT:

Waterfall, by Lisa T. Bergren



Although I never reviewed it, I also blogged about (and highly recommend) Mine is the Night, by Liz Curtis Higgs, nominated in the HISTORICAL category.

And I read and really enjoyed My Foolish Heart, by Susan May Warren, nominated in the CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE category.

You can find the complete list of nominees here.

Congratulations to all the nominees!

2 comments:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Yes, congrats to all the nominees! I've also posted on my blog, along with the bookcovers of all the nominated titles! Stop by and visit when/if you get a chance!

victor said...

Hi, I am a pastor, author, artist, and storyteller. From what I see of your blog and love for books I think you would totally love our stuff. I am working on voice overs on my books too. If you're interested in a free e copy of one ask me, remind me. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=victor+brodt My main topics are animal stories and parables about love on 4 legs.
Wishing as always what every good dog already sees in you, the very Best!
Victor Brodt PS Love your pintrest post http://pinterest.com/victorbrodt/pins/?filter=likes

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...