Friday, January 14, 2011

Book Blogger Hop: What Genre Is Your Favorite?



I found this book blog hop through By the Book, but apparently it's hosted by Crazy For Books.

The question is short and sweet:

"Why do you read the genre that you do? What draws you to it?"

My answer:

Well, my favorite genre is fiction. I know there is a plethora of sub-genres under that heading, but I love too many of them to single out a sub-genre. I love mystery, suspense, romance, historical fiction, some fantasy, some sci-fi, some chick lit--too many to name!

Why am I drawn to it? I guess I would have to say, because of its ability to take you to a different place while you're sitting in your own home...to experience a different life...and yet, in the best fiction, to be enriched by what you learn while reading, and even affirmed in your faith.

(My next best favorite is biography, probably for a lot of the same reasons, but also because I'm intensely curious and like to know all the details about a person's life. Chalk that up to years of being a news reporter? :D)

To participate in the Book Blogger Hop, just click on the icon!





Book Blogger Hop

Or please do let me know your favorite genre, and why,in my comments section!

6 comments:

Alice said...

I prefer fiction in non-Christian books and memoir in Christian books (because I'd rather read about something God really did, rather than something fictionalized--though I enjoy good Christian fiction occasionally). As a sub-genre, I prefer mystery above all else. I love the relaxation of having a mental puzzle to solve, and within that sub-genre, I far prefer British mysteries to American. :-)

Alice said...

Cindy--I think that's why I'm enjoying your blog so much and am glad I found it! We seem to have a lot of overlap in our likes! I think we might have a couple of mutual friends too--at least your other blog (which is how I found this one) is one two of my friends' blogrolls--Ann-Marie Soderstrom and Chris Brauns (he's my pastor). If you ever want to drop me a line (no pressure!), I'm at lead2409@yahoo.com. I'd love to hear some of your favorite Brit mysteries! :-)

Lark Andrea said...

Just hopping by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Reading Lark's Hop Post

P.S. - I am a new follower.

Alison Can Read said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. New follower! I love the bookshelf photo on your post!
My Hop

the Ink Slinger said...

Oooh, that's a hard question...

I love fiction (especially intelligent, thought-provoking sci-fi) but I also really enjoy books on theology, logic, and apologetics. Don't know if I could really pick between them! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...